Confidentiality is of the utmost importance and is respected by all who work at Fairbanks Counseling and Adoption.
Your informed written consent is required for any release of information about your case except where confidentiality is waived by law:
1. The law requires that FCA makes a report if we judge that a client has an intent to place someone's life in danger.
2. If FCA judges a client to be suicidal or unable to take care of him/herself, FCA may notify the proper authorities for hospitalization.
3. FCA is required by law to report suspected abuse of children, disabled or elderly people, including physical abuse or neglect, or sexual abuse.
4. In certain legal situations, records may be subpoenaed by a court of law. Please discuss this with your individual counselor if you have any concerns in this regard.
5. FCA reserves the right to release your name for billing collections. However, no treatment related content would ever accompany such disclosure.
6. All clients are asked and expected to respect the confidentiality of others they meet or see at Fairbanks Counseling and Adoption. Respect their confidentiality and privacy as you would expect them to respect yours.